Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Virginia Taylor.


I found a photo album when I lived in Nashville from the early 1900's. It belongs to Virginia Taylor, who was 6 and 1/2 in 1935, and lived on 2112 Irving Ave. S, in Minneapolis Minnesota. The book is full of family photographs, friends from Camp Lake Hubert, her counselor, Constance Lane, Connie the nurse, the cabin she stayed in. Fishing with her father, cousin, Bill and Rex the dog on East Twin Lake, Susan's cottage there. It goes on and on. Each photo with a description, and list of where and who.
About a month ago I decided to google (sorry purists, I know "Google" is a proper noun, not a verb) the address, and see if there was still a home there. And, there was. I sent the current resident a letter, asking if she knew Virginia Taylor or her relatives. Yesterday, I got a letter back from her, and she was very curious too, and asked if her house, which she described to me was in any of the photos. I looked when I got home, and I did find several photos of family members, including Tippy, the dog posed on the front porch of the house. Perhaps I shall return them.

image: photobooth.net