Saturday, November 3, 2007

"When we’ve been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God’s praise than when we’ve first begun."

Usually, I can hardly sing this part, especially when it gets to the part about, "no less days...than when we first begun." This is the final verse of Amazing Grace, and my most favorite.
A few weeks ago, a lady I know, told me that her daughter was getting married at the end of October. Somewhere on the coast, I think she said. I've heard that it rains and showers frequently on the coast. And, after almost a full week of heavy rains here, it came to mind, that it could possibly rain at her daughter's wedding. I don't know her daughter, but I suspected there was only a small chance that she would prefer rain at her wedding, and felt several urges throughout the 3 days prior to it, to pray for beautiful weather. Not that the music would be great. Or the guests would all be able to attend. Or that the priest would say the right things. Though I hope all these things were true as well, it was only an urge to pray for this, nothing else, but that the weather would be perfect for her/them.
I didn't think about it after that, until I saw the lady again a few days ago, and of what I can remember of our brief conversation about the wedding, she didn't talk about the music, or the guests, or the priest. She talked about the weather! She said briefly that she was glad to be barefoot on the sand, something about dolphins in the ocean behind them, and went on and on, saying three times how beautiful the weather was.
I can't tell you how much my heart smiles, that our Father in Heaven would reveal His love for us in so many ways great and small. And, I can't wait until we can praise Him in the never ending daylight.